Domestic/overseas travel allowance expenses

Did you know that an employee travelling for work and is away from home overnight, will not be required to provide written evidence in respect of a claim for travel expenses where all the conditions are satisfied?

However, if you make a claim for accommodation expenses in respect of overseas travel, you must obtain written evidence, and maintain a travel diary (for trips of six or more continuous nights in a row).

For more information, contact Matt Zhou on 02 9957 4033.

Want more tax tips? Follow us @batescosgraveCA

ChineseLanguage Select

Sign up to our monthly client bulletin.